Circuit Court Records Division
*Our office will be closed on December 19th, 2018 from 11:30am to 2:00pm for Employee Recognition
The Circuit Court Records Division, under the supervision of County Clerk/Register Bob Genetski
, receives, processes and preserves Criminal, Civil, Domestic and Family Division case records for the 48th Circuit Court. Our responsibilities and tasks include the following:
- Receiving and processing Circuit Court new case filings such as:
Divorce, Custody, Paternity, Support, Civil Litigation above $25,000, Adoptions, Name Changes and Personal Protection Orders.
- Felony and high court misdemeanor bound over from the District Court
- Appeals from lower courts and agencies
- Receipting payments for Circuit Court criminal assessments and Family Court assessments.
- Providing Circuit Court and Family Division record copies
Note: Copies are $1 per page and an additional $10 for certification on all final Judgments. Also, Judgments must be sold in their entirety.
- Jury sign-in and payment vouchers
- Name search requests
- Providing fax filing instruction and transmittal forms
- Providing patrons with direction to available Court information and service resources
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT CLERKS ARE BARRED BY LAW FROM GIVING LEGAL ADVICE OR PREPARING LEGAL DOCUMENTS PER MCL 600.916(1).