CPL (Concealed Pistol Licenses)
**New Applicants: We process applications in person Monday through Friday from 8:00am until 4:30pm. - no appointment required. Application MUST be done prior to getting your prints.
Fingerprints are done by appointment only at the Sheriff's Department on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Click on attached link to schedule an appointment.
The PIN number required for the online renewal can be found on your renewal letter. If you do not have your renewal letter please contact our office and we can mail out a new renewal letter.
You can also mail your renewal and payment directly to the State of Michigan, Attn: Concealed Pistol Licensing Unit, PO Box 30634, Lansing MI 48909.
Or renew is person Monday through Friday from 8:00am until 4:30pm - no appointment required.
**The first Wednesday of every month the State updates the system and we are unable to process applications until 10:00 a.m.
- Bring your completed application form
- Forms are available online at the Michigan State Police website or at our office.
- Your Michigan Driver’s License or State ID
- Fees are payable by cash, check, money order, credit or debit card (a service charge is applied to the credit or debit transactions) - ALL FEES ARE NONREFUNDABLE - refer to the Fee Schedule on this page.
- DO NOT BRING IN A PHOTO - your drivers license/State ID picture is now used.