Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Allegan County Clerk - Vital Records Office
113 Chestnut Street
Allegan, MI 49010
Phone: (269) 673-0450
Fax: (269) 686-5374

8:00am - 5:00pm
Monday - Friday

County Clerk-Register of Deeds: Bob Genetski

Military Discharge (DD-214)


To File a DD-214:

  • Bring the original DD-214 (must state “Honorable Discharge”) into our office for filing.  The original will be returned to you.
  • There is no charge to file a DD-214.
  • One certified copy will be issued at no charge at the time of filing.


To Request a Certified Copy of a DD-214: 

Only the veteran or any of the veteran’s heirs are eligible to receive a certified copy of the DD-214.  If the veteran is deceased, an heir can obtain a copy by presenting a copy of the death certificate or obituary and proof of relationship; i.e., birth certificate, marriage license.

By Mail:

  • Complete the Application for a Certified Copy of Military Discharge (below).
  • Information must be complete and legible.  Missing information may cause your request to be delayed or denied.
  • Include photocopy of driver’s license or State issued ID (can be expired).
  • Heirs, please include the necessary documentation of relationship.
  • Mail to:
Allegan County Clerk
113 Chestnut Street
Allegan, MI  49010
  • Fee: No Charge
Application for a Certified Copy of Military Discharge.pdf

Apply in Person:

  • Requests accepted Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
  • Bring your driver’s license or State ID (can be expired), plus necessary documentation of relationship for heir.
  • Fee:  No Charge