Military Discharge (DD-214)
To File a DD-214:
- Bring the original DD-214 (must state “Honorable Discharge”) into our office for filing. The original will be returned to you.
- There is no charge to file a DD-214.
- One certified copy will be issued at no charge at the time of filing.
To Request a Certified Copy of a DD-214:
Only the veteran or any of the veteran’s heirs are eligible to receive a certified copy of the DD-214. If the veteran is deceased, an heir can obtain a copy by presenting a copy of the death certificate or obituary and proof of relationship; i.e., birth certificate, marriage license.
- Complete the Application for a Certified Copy of Military Discharge (below).
- Information must be complete and legible. Missing information may cause your request to be delayed or denied.
- Include photocopy of driver’s license or State issued ID (can be expired).
- Heirs, please include the necessary documentation of relationship.
- Mail to:
Allegan County Clerk
113 Chestnut Street
Allegan, MI 49010
Apply in Person:
- Requests accepted Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Bring your driver’s license or State ID (can be expired), plus necessary documentation of relationship for heir.
- Fee: No Charge