- You must apply for the license in the county where you reside.
- You can apply no more than 33 days before your ceremony.
- If both applicants reside in Allegan County, you must apply through our office.
- If the applicants live in two different counties, they have the option of applying in either county. In this case, the Allegan County resident must be present to make application.*
- Your driver's license or State-issued ID must reflect an Allegan County address.
- If both applicants are 21-years of age or older, only one must appear in person to make application.
- Applicants age 18 - 20 must appear in person and provide proof of age.
- Applicants age 16 - 17 must appear in person with custodial parent.
- Applicants under age 16 must apply in Probate Court.
- The license can be used anywhere in the State of Michigan.
*Office procedures vary from county to county, so if you plan to apply through another county, please contact their office to confirm their procedures.
- You must apply for the license in the county where your ceremony will take place.
PLEASE NOTE: Both applicants must be out-of-state residents. If one or the other applicant possess a Michigan driver's license, you must apply for the marriage license in the county reflected by address shown on that drivers' license.
To Apply - Out of State Residents