File a Notary Bond
Notary Commissions are granted by the Michigan Secretary of State’s Office – the Office of the Great Seal. Please refer to the Notary and Document Certification page on their website for complete information and forms or call 888-767-6424.
If you reside in Allegan County, you will file your Notary Bond with our office.
File My Notary Bond
- Appear in person in our office with:
- The original of your completed Application for Michigan Notary Public Commission form
- Your Bond of Notary Public (obtainable through your employer or any insurance company)
- Your Michigan Drivers License or ID
- The fee, payable to the Allegan County Clerk - fees are payable by cash, check, money order, credit or debit card (a service charge is applied to all credit or debit transactions) – ALL FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE - refer to the Fee Schedule on this page
- Our office will administer the required oath and place the County seal on your application form.
- You will then submit your application to the Office of the Great Seal for processing.
NOTE: Applications and bonds are accepted Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.