Allegan County is an exciting and rewarding place to work.
Benefits available to employees are listed below and vary based on employee group and benefit status.
- Career advancement
- Training programs provided to support professional growth
- Competitive salaries
- Annual step increases in pay
- Wellness program (employee and spouse eligible)
- Wellness program participation incentive payment
- Fitness center onsite
- 13 paid holidays
- Paid time off (PTO) – amount earned increases per year of service
- Educational assistance
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Basic life & AD&D insurance provided by the county
- Short term disability provided by the county (up to 52 weeks per year)
- Michigan public employee retirement system (MERS) participation for all employees (401a) including an employer contribution
- 457 retirement plan options
- Employee assistance program provided
- Voluntary supplemental insurance offerings
Note: All information on this page is summary information. Should there be an error in this summary, the CBA, Employee Handbook and/or Allegan County policies will always govern. The benefits above may be offered at a cost to the employee and may be pro-rated for part-time employees.