Fitness Center Policy
Limited Re-opening Update September 21, 2021:
Please scroll down and read this entire page for important information. Scheduling is now available through January 2022.
Both Fitness Center locations – Sheriff Office (ACSO) and Human Services Building (HSB) – are re-opened on a limited basis:
- ACSO location hours: Monday – Friday, 24 hours.
- HSB location hours: Monday – Friday, 6:00 AM to 9:00 PM.
- Saturday – Sunday and
- 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM Monday – Friday for cleaning by AC Facilities Management
The following groups are allowed access effective June 1, 2021.
- Allegan County Employee members
- Outside Agency employee members (membership must be approved per policy, see Fitness Resources list).
- Allegan County Retiree members
- Additional Members of AC Employee members provided they are of same household as AC Employee may utilize FC with Employee (share appointment timeslot). Additional Member eligibility is spouse and dependents 18 and older actively enrolled on AC medical insurance (must be approved per policy, see Fitness Resources list).
- Additional Members of AC Retiree members provided they are of same household as Retiree may utilize FC with Retiree (share appointment timeslot). Additional Member eligibility is spouse and dependents 18 and older actively enrolled on AC medical insurance (must be approved per policy, see Fitness Resources list).
- Members who plan to use the Fitness Center must schedule an appointment online; links below.
- 1-hour appointment timeslots; scheduling currently available through July, 2021.
- Schedule/sign up with a mobile phone number (required). You will receive a confirmation email and text message when you schedule an appointment, and a reminder text message one hour before your appointment.
- Select the appropriate scheduling to make an appointment:
- One person only per timeslot will be allowed in each FC unless members are of the same household (reside at same address); same-household members may be in the FC together (share appointment timeslot).
- At the conclusion of their workout, members must clean all equipment they have handled using the provided disinfectant wipes.
- Members will be expected to carefully monitor time to ensure they arrive at (or after) their scheduled start-time, and depart at (or before) their scheduled end-time. Appointment timeslots will be 1 hour, however members must allow time at the conclusion of their workout to clean all equipment they have handled.
- Masks are required to be worn during entering and exiting the Fitness Center, but not required to be worn while exercising. Masks must be kept readily available for quick access in case they are needed.
- New personal safety devices are now available and must be worn when exercising alone in the FC.
Allegan County Employees:
Send Fitness Center forms to HR@allegancounty.org. Allow 5 - 7 business days for processing. You will receive a notification email when you and/or your Additional Member(s) are approved for access with employee card key.
Outside Agency Employees:
Connect with the Fitness Center contact person at your workplace or your supervisor for assistance.
See policy and membership forms below.