Fitness Center Policy
Sheriff Office (ACSO) and Human Services Building (HSB) Fitness Center locations will be re-opened on a limited basis for Allegan County Employees who are Fitness Center Members on March 1, 2021.
Allegan County Employee Spouses, Dependents, Retirees, and Outside Agency Employees will not be granted access at this time.
ACSO location will be available Monday – Friday, 24 hours.
HSB location will be available Monday – Friday, 6:00 AM to 9:00 PM.
Both locations will be closed Saturday – Sunday; and Monday - Friday, 9:00-10:30 AM for scheduled cleaning.
Activity from the first two weeks of March will be reviewed and consideration will be given to the possibility of scheduling beyond March 30.
[Update 3/30/21: Activity will be reviewed mid-April and consideration will be given for scheduling beyond April 30. Timeslots remain 1.5 hours for April, however, we are discussing the possibility of shorter timeslots in future months.]
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING REOPENING:
- Allegan County employees who plan to use the Fitness Center will need to first sign up for an appointment. You will receive a confirmation email and text message when you schedule, and a reminder text message one hour before your appointment. You must sign up with a mobile phone number. Online appointment scheduling links available on AC Sharepoint
- One employee only per timeslot will be allowed in each Fitness Center. Timeslots will be 1.5 hour, however 1 hour is for exercising and the last ½ hour is for individuals to clean, etc. Employees will be expected to monitor time carefully to ensure timely arrival on or after their scheduled time, and leaving prior to or at their scheduled time.
- Employees must use the provided disinfectant wipes at the conclusion of their workout to clean all equipment they have handled.
- Masks will be required to be worn during entering and exiting the Fitness Center, but not required to be worn while exercising. However, masks must be readily available for quick access, if necessary.
- New personal safety monitors are now provided in the FC and must be worn while you exercise. They detect a fall followed by no movement, and then notify emergency services.
Allegan County Employees:
Send Fitness Center forms to HR@allegancounty.org. Allow 5 - 7 business days for processing. You will receive a notification email when you and/or your Additional Member(s) are approved for access with employee card key.
Outside Agency Employees:
Connect with the Fitness Center contact person at your workplace for assistance.