Maternal and Infant Support
Pregnancy - Prenatal - Postpartum
is a program for all Michigan women with Medicaid health insurance who are pregnant and all infants with Medicaid. It is a benefit of their insurance. MIHP provides support to promote healthy pregnancies, good birth outcomes, and healthy infants. Please click here MIHP
to access the list of MIHP providers near you or call the Allegan County Health Department to speak to a Personal Helath Services team member to assit you in accessing the list, the Allegan County Health Department does not have their own MIHP program.
The Goal is to help pregnant women and infants who may be at risk for health problems.
The MIHP program is designed to:
- Improve pregnant women and infants well being
- Provide nursing and psychosocial services
- Increase access to healthcare, health education and health insurance.
- Follow this link for a Medicaid Application: http://healthcare4mi.com
Support Services may be for you:
- If you are pregnant and enrolled in Medicaid
- If you are a pregnant teen who has Medicaid or a Medicaid Health Plan
- If you are a new mother with Medicaid
- If you have a child less than 1 year old who has Medicaid
During home visits they can assist with:
- Health information for you and your baby
- Learning healthier ways to eat
- Someone to talk to about being pregnant, about your baby, or other concerns
- Learning about being a parent
- What vaccines your baby will need
Provide links to resources for you and your baby:
- Referrals to other services such as WIC, Family Planning, Immunization Clinics, STD Clinics
- Travel monies may be available for appointments if not covered by Health Plans
Mission: To provide support and information to parents who have lost a child to SIDS.
Objectives:To provide public health department support services by phone contact or a home visit by a public health nurse to all Allegan County parents and families who experience SIDS and other unexpected infant deaths.
Contact: (269) 673-5411