Hunting Allegan County Property - Dumont Complex
Allegan County has establish a policy for Allegan County residents to hunt waterfowl (Goose/Teal/Duck) or deer during specific times on County Services Dumont Complex property to help control wildlife population. Permits for deer and waterfowl hunting will be awarded for available weekends through a lottery. The County hunting permit application which must be completed by individuals desiring to hunt deer or waterfowl (goose, teal, and duck) seasons within the County Services Dumont Complex must submit applications to the Parks & Recreation Department. The Permit holder must be at least 18 years to apply. Please read policy for additional details and the rules and regulations.
Process for Obtaining Permit
- Permits for deer and waterfowl hunting will be awarded for available weekends through a lottery.
The available weekends (dates) for each deer seasons will be posted on Allegan County’s Parks and Recreation Hunting webpage by April 15 of each year. Waterfowl season dates will be be posted as soon as they are available.
- The number of permits issued for each weekend is limited to 1 for waterfowl and 1 for deer.
- Each permit holder may be accompanied by no more than one (individual).
Applications for the lottery will be accepted from May 1 – June 30
Submitted applications will then be assigned a number and by the end of July each year; those numbers will be entered and drawn using a randomizer.
- A separate application must be submitted for deer and waterfowl hunting seasons.
- Applications may be picked up at the reception area of the County Services Building, 3283 122nd Avenue, Allegan Township, or downloaded from this Recreation Hunting webpage.
- Completed applications may be submitted in person at the reception area of the County Services Building, 3283 122nd Avenue, Allegan Township or by emailing a copy of the application to email@example.com.
Once the lottery has been completed, the applicant will be notified as to whether they were awarded a permit or not, within one week of lottery drawing date by Parks Administrative Staff. The awarded applicant will then have until September 1 pay for and pick up the permit. The applicant will need to provide the following in order to be issued the official permit:
The applicant must carry their permit with them at all times during the approved hunting weekend.
- Verify County Residence
- Verify Age
- Verify Hunting Safety Certificate
- Verify Hunting License
- Hunting Fee ($10 per every weekend permitted)
Approved permits are non-transferrable.