Coordinating the physical work place with the people and work of this organization
- Provide a safe, comfortable environment to all employees and visitors, while at the same time protecting the physical assets of the taxpayers
- Constructing, remodeling, repairing, maintaining and cleaning County owned facilities and grounds to meet the objectives set by the County Board of Commissioners
- Oversee operation of 19 facilities, totaling 322,811-sq. ft, 4 located within Allegan City and 15 located on the 220 acre County Services Complex in Allegan Township
The department strives to provide:
- Customer satisfaction by recognizing and meeting the needs of County Departments and the public served
- Safe and secure environments through effective safety and security programs
- Protection of the physical assets of the taxpayers of Allegan County through preventative maintenance programs and quality projects.
Building Codes and Permits
Facilities Management does not manage city or township permits because Michigan is a home rule state and all building codes, permits, etc. are the responsibility of the individual city or township offices. For further information, please contact your local city or directly.