Office of the Public Defender
- Chad D. Catalino, Director
- Jessica A. Winsemius, Deputy Chief Public Defender
- Dario Sierra, Assistant Public Defender
- Ellen Christie, Assistant Public Defender
- Desiree Benedict-Notter, Assistant Public Defender
- Vacant, Legal Specialist/Executive Assistant to the Director
- Julie Robbins, Legal Specialist
- Frankie Badur, Social Worker
Who We Are
The Office of the Public Defender was established in April 2019 and is comprised of both the Assistant Public Defenders as well as a roster of defense attorneys who are committed to the goals and standards set forth by the Michigan Indigent Defense Commission.
We practice a holistic defense model in this Office, utilizing an interdisciplinary partnership of professionals to address not only a client’s pressing legal issues, but also social support needs. We strive to uphold the ideals of client-centered representation as defined by the Bronx Public Defenders, in which a client is not being defined by his or her case but by the needs he or she identifies.
Public Defender's Office
Serving Allegan and Van Buren Counties
"Zealous, innovative and compassionate Holistic Defense"