- Scheduling Priority:
- Priority One: Standing Orders.
These are services, established in advance, same passenger, same time, and same origin. Agency or employment related.
- Priority Two: Reserved Trips.
These rides are reserved before 12:00 noon the prior business day in advance of service needed.
- Priority Three: On Demand.
Those who wait until the last minute to make their request.
- The driver will be able to wait for the ACT passenger no longer than 5 minutes after the scheduled pickup time.
- ACT passengers will be notified when possible, by telephone if the vehicle dispatched for their trip will be arriving more than 30 minutes later than the scheduled pickup time (for pickup from residence unless phone number is not current or in service).
- Passengers should not be kept on board a vehicle more than 90 minutes on any one-way trip, barring events beyond the control of the service provider.
- Seat Belt Use - All passengers riding in any public transportation vehicle must use seatbelts in accordance with the State of Michigan Seatbelt Law.
- All personal mobility devices that are transported by Allegan ACT Transit must be properly secured. A respirator or portable oxygen supply is allowed when used in a safe manner.
- All Passengers are to remain seated until the vehicle comes to a full and complete stop.
- Parcels and Packages - ACT passengers may only carry packages on board that they and/or their attendant can handle in one trip.
- Common Courtesy is expected at all times. No vulgar language, No smoking or eating on the bus.
- No animals allowed with the exception of service animals.
- Allegan County Transportation will not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability.
- We request all cancellations be made one hour prior to set pick up time or it will result in a no show.
No Shows and Late Cancellations Policy
A "No Show" is a passenger who is not at the scheduled point of pickup within 5 minutes beyond the reservation time. A "No Show" is also a passenger who changes his/her mind and "waves" away a driver who has arrived at the scheduled pickup time and location. ACT passengers will be allowed a total of 2 "No Shows" or "Late Cancellations" within a 30 consecutive day period. The third "No Show" or "Late Cancellation" within a 30-day period will result in suspension of service for 30 days. Notification will be attempted after the second "No Show" and/or "Late Cancellation" occurrence, or when the next trip request is made. A passenger can appeal the suspension by the appeal process. ACT passengers are requested to be considerate of fellow passengers, as every trip which is not canceled takes away a trip from another passenger. When a reservation is made, a record of the scheduled trip should be made.