How It Works
To schedule a trip, call: (269) 673-4229 or 1-877-788-2287 before 12:00 noon the day before travel, and have the following information ready to give to the scheduling office:
- Your name and address
- Your destination
- Requested date and time of pickup and return rides
- Whether you need an accessible vehicle or assistance needs
- Date of birth required for senior fare
- Phone number
When the bus arrives, the driver will wait five minutes for you to board. Drivers are prohibited from entering your residence or workplace. Drivers do not leave the vehicle unless you have requested assistance needs.
In order to accommodate as many riders as possible, pick-up times will be negotiated up to one hour before or after the pick-up time requested by the passenger. ACT passengers are to be picked up no earlier than 15 minutes before the schedule pickup time and no later than 15 minutes after the scheduled pickup time.
Services for Children
- We will drop your children off at daycare at no extra charge on your way to work.
- Children under 5 ride free.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by a responsible adult or older child.
- Day Care – Passengers with day care needs, must advise ACT when scheduling trip. ACT will drop off children at daycare with-in 10 miles of pick-up or destination at no additional charge. The time allowed for drop-off or pick-up is limited to 5 minutes at the daycare.
ACT drivers are trained in the special needs of persons with disabilities, but they can only help passengers get in and out of the vehicle. ACT passengers must provide their own attendant. The attendant will travel at no cost. The attendant must be picked up and returned to the same scheduled locations as the ACT passenger.
- All vehicles are lift-equipped for use by wheelchairs, walkers and persons with difficulty using steps.
Non-Emergency Medical Transportation
Out of county medical transportation is available for seniors or persons with disability by special request to Calhoun, Kalamazoo, Kent, Ottawa and Van Buren.
Third Party Scheduling
Because some individuals require or desire a third party to schedule their trips on ACT, and because penalties exist for individuals who fail to show for a trip or cancel a trip in a timely manner, the following policy has been adopted:
- Passengers will be held responsible for all trips scheduled or canceled by themselves or a third party who is on the pre-approved third party scheduling list.
- All third party schedulers must first be approved by the passenger and ACT. They then will be added to the list of pre-approved scheduler list.
- Third party schedulers will be informed of this policy when scheduling trips.
- This does not apply to parents or legal guardians.