Tax-Related Foreclosure Sales
According to P.A.123 of 1999
, as amended, Foreclosed properties will be offered for sale as follows:
State of Michigan
- Not later than the first Tuesday in July, the State is granted the right of first refusal to purchase property.
City, Village, Township or County
- Not later than the first Tuesday in July, may purchase for a public purpose any property located within that city, village or township
- After conclusion of 1 st sale, and prior to any additional sale may purchase any property not previously sold.
- Shall hold at least 2 property sales between the third Tuesday in July and the first Tuesday in November
- The final sale shall be held not less than 28 days after the previous sale.
- The final sale does not require a minimum bid, but may require an opening bid.
- Notice of each sale will be published not less than 30 days prior to each sale, in a newspaper published and circulated in Allegan County.
Our sales will be conducted by Title-Check, LLC. Information regarding the sale is available on their web site at www.tax-sale.info
A sale listing will be available in July. A copy can be found online at www.tax-sale.info
or picked up at the office of the Allegan County Treasurer at 113 Chestnut Street, Allegan, Michigan.